Interns will be based in the Limpopo Province, an area renowned for its abundance of wildlife and getting up close and personal with the ‘Big Five’ of South Africa (lion, leopard, rhino, elephant and buffalo). Witness nature in its simplest form, from watching a lion take down its prey or newborn cheetah cubs playing, to a stand-off between two elephants.
This project gives you a real and unfiltered look into Africa’s incredible iconic wildlife. But unlike a tourist safari, you play an active and meaningful role in the research and long term conservation of South Africa’s natural resources in this stunning region of the world
The program focuses on:
- Monitoring Lion & Cheetah distribution, feeding ecology, competition, sustainability
- General predator monitoring
- Hyaena and Leopard Elephant monitoring
- Distribution and feeding focuses
- Rhino monitoring and General game counts